What's new

256GB Surface Pro !!! launches in Japan on June 7th

Angel

I don't know I think I feel kind of sucker punched with this info...and if you ask MS they say they've never heard of a 256gb surface pro, I really hate being lied to so instead they could say they don't know about US availability but after its been on the net and even the MS Japan website you are going to say you never heard of it? I have a hold on my order right now and I might make that permanent, it's not just the gb's but the free software, I'm a student and that money means a lot to me!!! Is anyone else upset or does everyone else have enough money that they just don't care?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft Japan, just like other subsidiaries have their own marketing campaigns and budgets, so it is not unheard of to have country specific offers. As far as the upgraded SSDs, it may see a wider release to keep sales moving before Haswell Devices come to market....early adopters are always taking a risk but in the mobile market you are always buying an obsolete product as there will always be something newer...

Nuspieds

I was able to snatch up my SP 128GB the second week of release and I have absolutely no regrets being an early adopter.

It has served me well and continues to do so. There is absolutely no way that I would have been able to carry my old 17" ThinkPad W700 along with my work laptop for all my travels.

Today, a colleague was quite impressed when she saw the device and her remark was, "Oh, everybody has an iPad but the Surface is the real deal."

I look forward to v2 with a new chipset and DP 1.2 support and whatever else will be added. In the meantime, I certainly do not feel bamboozled and I continue to love the device and its OS.

malberttoo

I was able to snatch up my SP 128GB the second week of release and I have absolutely no regrets being an early adopter.

It has served me well and continues to do so. There is absolutely no way that I would have been able to carry my old 17" ThinkPad W700 along with my work laptop for all my travels.

Today, a colleague was quite impressed when she saw the device and her remark was, "Oh, everybody has an iPad but the Surface is the real deal."

I look forward to v2 with a new chipset and DP 1.2 support and whatever else will be added. In the meantime, I certainly do not feel bamboozled and I continue to love the device and its OS.

Well said!

I also look forward to V2, but V1 makes me love it every day. The 128GB SSD has never been an issue for me.

Angel

I'm not saying I have to have the 256 but I'm really upset about the free office being given...I was trying every way to get them to give up a copy with the pro...as I am in programming and in college I do smooze with lots of folks and I'm a good advertiser...I helped to sell a few primes when they came out but it was a no way we just can't do that...etc. then they do this for an entire country, jeeze. Japan, I'm happy for you and you may need the deal too but it would be nice if it would have been across the board. I'm just holding for a minute because it really does bother me...I'm not better than anyone else, but are they better than me?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Angle - you missed my point, Microsoft Japan, LLC is offering Office with purchase, the US subsidiary offered a different deal when the Pro was launched, and that was Office365 Home Premium with Touch or Type Cover and a Sleeve for a bundled price. Each market decides their "Go to Market" Strategy. As a student you can get Office365 for $80 for a 4 year subscription, or get a student version through your school.

Angel

I didn't know about the 4 yr subscription but the other through school is still 120...I've been keeping my eyes open for new bundle deals but alas nothing. If its meant for me then ill get it if not I won't. My current laptop is too heavy for my and its acting up so I've been trying to get something light I could do programming on...I was misled about the transformer then got a netbook but it bogged down with visual studio only so this seemed so perfect but we will see.

batikjab

I didn't know about the 4 yr subscription but the other through school is still 120...I've been keeping my eyes open for new bundle deals but alas nothing. If its meant for me then ill get it if not I won't. My current laptop is too heavy for my and its acting up so I've been trying to get something light I could do programming on...I was misled about the transformer then got a netbook but it bogged down with visual studio only so this seemed so perfect but we will see.

i wanna buy 1 so bad, i dont care about sp v2 w/ haswell as long as they release new accessories for sp1 (particularly battery keyboard accessory)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

If you are Comp Sci Major look to see if your school has a MSDNAA Subscription you can get, that will have all the tools you need including VS2012.

Angel

Lol we have a software alliance agreement and my school requires 2010...I know, stupid right they would not except assignments done in 2012. But the downloads from the software alliance are a joke and the majority of students say they can't get them to work I finally got a copy of the software, from the teacher that I had complained to all semester, once I contacted the secretary of the schools president. Needless to say I want to get what I can from MS and the rest I'm going to have to use an external drive to download.