What's new

2tb external hd

Hi i am buying the surface 3 i7 version 256gb model in October

i have been reading this forum seeing what problems people have been having , and also seeing the great stuff the surface 3 can do

i have one question , i will be using a wd external 2tb harddrive , has any one had any problems connecting harddrives etc

i have seen people have problems with other things trying to connect them via the usb slot

mark8900

i have the san disk 128 gb card and although i use it for media mostly i have had no dramas at all, at £60 it was a reasonable price too.

gdir

I have an 1 TB WD Elements Portable drive connected with USB 3.0. It’s an 2.5" drive without power supply. I use it as backup drive without any problems.

OP
S

sean_scouser

yeh i will be getting a 128gb sd card but i work away at sea and have a 2tb harddrive full of films and tv series etc

i wanna be able to drag which ever series i am watching at that moment n save it to the surface so i can watch it , without having the hd plugged in

kundas1

I use the WD my passport ultra 2TB on my SP3 and don't have any problems, and I think the problems SOME people are having is only a small group...

OP
S

sean_scouser

thats good that was my only concern cannot wait to get paid and go buy my surface 3 in oct will be alot better than carrying my laptop with me everytime i fly to work :)

kundas1

yeh i will be getting a 128gb sd card but i work away at sea and have a 2tb harddrive full of films and tv series etc

i wanna be able to drag which ever series i am watching at that moment n save it to the surface so i can watch it , without having the hd plugged in

why drag them over to the SP3? just paly it off of the portable HD...

olimjj

Sean, if your Router supports it you can connect it directly to it, and access your drive on all your devices via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. You will then have your USB port free to use for other things.

kundas1

well he can't do that if he's on a the boat can he? if you read his original post, he said he needed the HD for when he is on the boat...

olimjj

kundas1, I will retake my class in reading comprehension, if you enroll in a civil charm school. :)