What's new

5 in 1 Surface Adapter - Legit!

Crumplez

Hey Surface Peeps!

I am a new owner of a Surface Pro I just picked up the other day. I am leaving for a business trip to china this week and was on the hunt for some type of common functional surface adapter and came across this gem last week : Products - Android Tablet accessories | Smartphone accessories|

The adapter actually is made specifically for the Surface so it molds to the edge of the Surface which gives it a nice look and feel. It is pretty straight forward in functionality it has a SD and Micro SD card reader, micro usb input to give the tablet a charge while in use as well as 2 additional USB ports. I spoke with their support team about some of their other adapters and while doing so, they hooked me up with a free shipping coupon and told me, I could share.:excited: Coupon: SURFACE_JUICE

HD_Dude

Order placed.

Thank you.

Looks great. Lots of flexibility with only one tradeoff - the extra USB ports are 2.0. I can live with that.

One correction, however: the micro USB port appears to be there for charging other devices, like phones; not the tablet itself.

Again, thanks. And I used your code for free shipping. Very nice indeed.

DOS

@HD_Dude, Thanks for the clarification on the USB Charging... although it would have been nice if it charged the Surface instead.

Also, does anyone know if the SD and/or MicroSD slots can support SDXC cards (64GB)? I realize the description says SDHC, but will it still read an SDXC (albeit at a slower speed)?

Thanks,

nForcer

I am using a SanDisk ultra 64GB SDXC micro card and it works fine. When I read the SP website, it stated a micro SDXC card slot so I got one from NewEgg for about $38. I did not know that the SDHC cards worked as welll.
Thanks for the info!

souldier

Whenever you guys get it, pictures and a review would be appreciated! I'm still debating whether I should get it. I'd mainly use it for the extra usb port and SD card reader

J515OP

Super Moderator
I am using a SanDisk ultra 64GB SDXC micro card and it works fine. When I read the SP website, it stated a micro SDXC card slot so I got one from NewEgg for about $38. I did not know that the SDHC cards worked as welll.
Thanks for the info!

I believe the question is about the port on the adapter not the Surface. In the case of SD cards they are backwards compatible, so you can use SD, SDHC or SDXC in a SDXC slot. You probably can't use SDXC in a SDHC slot (on the port) though which is why the question was asked.

T

TheConstruct

Given that the RT and SP are different angles, (22° and 26° respectively if I recall correctly) how well does the device fit?

HD_Dude

The problem for me is losing my USB 3.0 port.

Yep. I agree on the 3.0 deal.

I have a DSLR, an external dock, external hard drives, and external card readers that are 3.0. For them? I'll leave it off.

But every other USB periferal I use is 2.0. So, I ordered it anyway.

It's only twenty bucks, and I don't plan on attaching this permanently. Nice to have in my bag if I need it.