What's new

5 in 1 Surface Adapter - Legit!

ArnoldC

I like the keyboard to open as intended, which is my preferred issue to not deal with. Ideal I would prefer for the vBulletin software to work properly, but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. :big smile:

Ditto. vBulletin is the only one that behaves like this on IE10. The other forums I go to powered by PHPBB doesn't have this issue.

OP
C

Crumplez

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_3508.jpg
    IMG_3508.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 634

Padron26

Omni, I can use a external hd with my pro, the Seagate wireless plus work and so does a ocz 256 gb ssd in a portable case works.
the Seagate does take a few sec to be recognized maybe 4-5 sec.

Padron26

Heres few pics that I took of the 5 in 1 adapter, I have the Manvex case on All the time and that causes a problem with the 5 in 1.
the leather on the manvex case rite by the usb port is in the way of the 5 in 1. it adds a little bit of thickness so when you insert the 5 in 1 it doesn't fully seat.
here is a few pics of what I did in order for the 5 in 1 to work. cause I don't want to remove the SP from the case just to use the 5 in 1.

I shortened a male to female usb extension to 12'' from end to end. put a piece of Velcro on the back of the manvex and on the back of the 5 in 1.
the pics will describe it better.

the last pic, I added some extra Velcro to the manvex case, I put this here cause the SP would slip down/out of the case. with the extra Velcro it holds the SP in firmly. it doesn't look pretty, but then again you cant see it anyhow.

Last edited:

machistmo

Saw this (or similar) posted here before by someone else, sold by some other site and again its : USB2.0 only which is a deal killer for me. Nice adapter then and now, just not USB 3.

The Surface 5 in 1 adapter was made specifically to fit perfectly and conform to the Microsoft Surface Pro/RT tablets. The adapter enables 2 USB 2.0 inputs, Micro USB input for supplying power to external devices, SD and Micro SD memory card readers. One simple adapter for all of your portable media.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Heres few pics that I took of the 5 in 1 adapter, I have the Manvex case on All the time and that causes a problem with the 5 in 1.
the leather on the manvex case rite by the usb port is in the way of the 5 in 1. it adds a little bit of thickness so when you insert the 5 in 1 it doesn't fully seat.
here is a few pics of what I did in order for the 5 in 1 to work. cause I don't want to remove the SP from the case just to use the 5 in 1.

I shortened a male to female usb extension to 12'' from end to end. put a piece of Velcro on the back of the manvex and on the back of the 5 in 1.
the pics will describe it better.

the last pic, I added some extra Velcro to the manvex case, I put this here cause the SP would slip down/out of the case. with the extra Velcro it holds the SP in firmly. it doesn't look pretty, but then again you cant see it anyhow.

Hi, I notice you have the Sculpt Comfort Mouse, how do you find it? I was wondering if you could tell me, is the blue section programmable? On the official Microsoft site it states that in Windows 8 it's used for changing apps etc. whereas for Windows 7 it's used for going forwards and backwards in your browser... that's what I want, but for Windows 8!

kristalsoldier

Given that the RT and SP are different angles, (22° and 26° respectively if I recall correctly) how well does the device fit?

Hmmm...I did not realize that the RT and the SP had different angles!!!!! 26 degrees makes more sense than the 22 degrees on the RT TBH.

Padron26

KayZee, that is what I wanted it for also. Yeah it's completely programmable. I like that you can program the left thumb button 2 different functions, I use it for Swype down-back button. Which saves me a lot of time.
It does sometimes take a sec to be acknowledged by the SP, but that is like every other Bluetooth that I've used.
It's also nicer and more comfortable than the wedge mouse which is to small for me to use for a hour or longer.

This was a upgrade over the MS 5000 mouse that had the back button, but it also had the USB dongle which I hated.

Edit, I got this from a local big box store,bestbuy. But here it is on amazon and ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sculpt-Comfort-Mouse-H3S-00003/dp/B00BZC31WQ

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Microsoft+sculpt+comfort+mouse&LH_PrefLoc=2

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Thanks for the information, I've been searching everywhere for an answer but no one mentioned if they were programmable or not! That's great to hear that they are. Thanks for the links also but I'm in the UK so would have to find a different supplier.

I used an IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 for years until it finally broke. Tried many Microsoft replacements but didn't find any as good... so found an old IntelliMouse on eBay and went for it. It's been brilliant, but it's USB only and you know, wires suck! This new Comfort Sculpt looks like it's worth trying :)

CrippsCorner

Okay so I got the Sculpt Comfort Mouse delivered yesterday and gave it a whirl. So close! But not quite good enough...

Well the 'touch' part of the Windows button doesn't work too well, but I was kinda expecting that. But what really gets me, is the placement of the button. It's a very comfortable mouse, it sits nicely on your hand and your thumb feels good in it's resting position. However when you want to actually strike the button (for me, backwards and forwards in the browser) you realise that you need to move your thumb forwards about a centimeter. This means shifting your whole hand round (or forwards) and makes for a very frustrating experience.

I can't think why is it designed like this, other than the designer has a huge thumb!? Just don't get it. Very annoying. I may stick with it until the Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse comes out in the UK, it looks like the placement of the back button might be better, although overall the thing looks huge!

Oh well that's four mice I've bought this year and nothing, just nothing compares to the wonderful IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0! If only it was wireless, I'd stick with that bad boy forever.