What's new

50 Surface Pro's | Roll-out how? | few general question

icomment

Hi all,

We have ordered 50 Surface Pro's for our salesforce, they are replacing their older laptops.
I'm wondering how can I install 1 and push that installation to all other one (all are the same device 128 GB).
I don't feel great installing all of them manual and would like to have a image to restore if someone mess up their device.

Do I need to create a outlook.com account to let them access the app store? They are validating on AD at this moment.

All comment is more then welcome,

Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There is a Firmware Upgrade that allows PXE Boot from the Surface Ethernet Adapter (Must use the one for the Surface), that is assuming you are using a PXE method of deployment, you really didn't give us much info, what deployment tools are you using? MDT2012, SCCM 2012 (or older), WDS, etc.

As the Pro is a standard x86 Computer, join them to the domain and they work and are managed just like any other laptop...

ArnoldC

If you will be using SCCM, that would be easy. Create one reference, and deploy that reference configuration to the rest.

mace2442

For SCCM you will have to be att 2012 to be able to handle Win8 as target OS.

If you doesn't have a deployment infrastructure take a look at MDT.

mitchellvii

Hi all,

We have ordered 50 Surface Pro's for our salesforce, they are replacing their older laptops.
I'm wondering how can I install 1 and push that installation to all other one (all are the same device 128 GB).
I don't feel great installing all of them manual and would like to have a image to restore if someone mess up their device.

Do I need to create a outlook.com account to let them access the app store? They are validating on AD at this moment.

All comment is more then welcome,

Thank you!

Not to sound rude but hire someone who knows what they are doing to handle this for you. Screwing this rollout up will cost you far more than what you would pay an expert. My question is, if you have 50 people in your salesforce, you are big company. Where is your IT department in this? This sounds very fishy to me.

malberttoo

Not to sound rude but hire someone who knows what they are doing to handle this for you. Screwing this rollout up will cost you far more than what you would pay an expert. My question is, if you have 50 people in your salesforce, you are big company. Where is your IT department in this? This sounds very fishy to me.

Indeed.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OP may actually be part of their Desktop Team, but many IT people assume Tablets and Ultrabooks are very different from those 6-8 lbs. Corporate Notebooks, you know those sleek ThinkPad T530s and 15.6" Dell Lattitudes :)