What's new

8.1 and IE 11

machistmo

So I can post imges. That's MSN IE 11 8.1. Half the page is missing. <-- This was posted from a TPT2 running IE 11 on the 8.1 Preview. I could hardly type every fifth letter produced characters in the post. Furthermore I could not see the picture I posted, that it had posted, until I posted and then viewed the post from the list. I cannot make this stuff up.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:

FFX

What is you Zoom level set at in IE11? Just try resetting your IE11 to it's original settings, in Settings-> Advanced- reset.
If the problem persist, Windows 8.1 is a preview, a beta, its not a full working flawless version which you had to press "I agree and understand" before you could install it.
And finally, if you haven't done it already, head over to answers.microsoft.com and list it as a bug. (That's the official Microsoft forums where you can reach Microsoft employees) Surfaceforums.net is a fan based forum.

OP
machistmo

machistmo

Well its just that one of the moderators here responded to me in another post claiming that IE 11 works 'perfectly' on this site and that certainly is NOT the case. I am also very aware that this is NOT a MS site. The last time I posted about this sites function I made a comment that the moderator chose to jump on rather than address this sites function, which was the point of my original post.

Last edited:

Omni

Well its just that one of the moderators here responded to me in another post claiming that IE 11 works 'perfectly' on this site and that certainly is NOT the case. I am also very aware that this is NOT a MS site. The last time I posted about this sites function I made a comment that the moderator chose to jump on rather than address this sites function, which was the point of my original post.

That's because there's nothing a moderator can do because its the board's code at fault and that's something out of there control until its updated.

IE 11 is still in preview it could be that.

OP
machistmo

machistmo

My point was that he chose to respond as if I was saying this was a MS site and point out that it was not, and then added IE 11 works perfectly. Rather than address the fact that 10 is not fully supported here. But my point here is that 11 does not, as he stated, work perfectly.

mitchellvii

I've never seen this. Looks like an artifact of a screen split that didn't clear properly. Drag IE down to the bottom of the screen and hold until the icon flips around - this means the app is actually closed and not just minimized then restart.

OP
machistmo

machistmo

I've never seen this. Looks like an artifact of a screen split that didn't clear properly. Drag IE down to the bottom of the screen and hold until the icon flips around - this means the app is actually closed and not just minimized then restart.

The latest round of updates seems to have resolved it. Now MSN proper looks wonky on my Windows 7 IE 9 screen.. The main screen is fine but any story I click on looks... like...

msnIE9now.jpg