What's new

8.1 Installation problems on SP

dtw56

I keep getting error code 0x80070020

I have rebooted several times and disabled all firewalls. I tried booting in safe mode but couldn't get access to the "store."

Any suggestions? I have a fully updated SP with pretty standard programs installed (Office, PDF annotator, etc.).

EMINENT

One thing to check is if the time is correct with the time zone.
Also, check and make sure you have verified your MS account.

ScottyS

If that does not work then unplug all USB devices.

This worked for me. I got and error message (0xC1900101-0x30018) when I tried installing with my external monitor and USB hub connected. So I pulled the plugs and it installed. My SD card was left in, but it worked (my SD was mapped as a folder so it'd show up in libraries).

OP
dtw56

dtw56

Thank you.

There are no USB devices, I removed the Micro SD card (and rebooted), the date is correct, and my account is verified. Same result. It gets to "applying changes" (about 69%), and the installation fails with the same error code.

z3razerviper

after upgrading mine sp kept crashing over and over so I finally gave up did a factory reset and tried again...I did lose all my data but that was being synced via dropbox so i really did not care. Just be sure to remove your store activation first...seems more stable now but still cant get miracast to work.

Cowboy

I keep getting error code 0x80070020

I have rebooted several times and disabled all firewalls. I tried booting in safe mode but couldn't get access to the "store."

Any suggestions? I have a fully updated SP with pretty standard programs installed (Office, PDF annotator, etc.).

Did you ever solve this? I found an error in the system log that said: error code 0x80070020 failed to install ESD English Bundle Parent but have not been able to fix that.

olimjj

after upgrading mine sp kept crashing over and over so I finally gave up did a factory reset and tried again...I did lose all my data but that was being synced via dropbox so i really did not care. Just be sure to remove your store activation first...seems more stable now but still cant get miracast to work.

Do you have display driver WDDM 1.3 ver 10.18.10.3262. This might help

OP
dtw56

dtw56

In the end I had to refresh windows and lose all my applications. What a pain. I've just spent an hour trying to get the Wedge Mouse to pair, without success.

Microsoft is still Microsoft.

olimjj

In the end I had to refresh windows and lose all my applications. What a pain. I've just spent an hour trying to get the Wedge Mouse to pair, without success.

Microsoft is still Microsoft.
FWIW IMO These events are not unique to Microsoft. I know personally because I have used all of the other major OS's with similar experiences.