What's new

8.1 Miracast support test with Netgear Push2TV

OP
EMINENT

EMINENT

I would like the mousing latency to be quite a bit less. It's currently annoying. The other thing that is perplexing is having to disconnect every time to be able to reconnect without a power cycle or restart. Very annoying.

CrippsCorner

Maybe it's not quite perfect yet then... but it does sound fantastic for the future. Will there be monitors with this built in then? I had a quick look around but couldn't find anything. I need a valid reason to upgrade my monitor!

Shanners

Great thread guys - I just bought the Netgear PTV 3000 and initially it was showing under devices and would ask me to connect. I'd enter the code and then nothing.....the device would no longer show up under device and I can no longer connect to it. THis is happening on my Surface RT (which I know there are drivers issues still) but also on my Acer W3 which I just bought. Both are running 8.1.

Any ideas why this might be or what I can do to get it running on my Acer?

Omni

Great thread guys - I just bought the Netgear PTV 3000 and initially it was showing under devices and would ask me to connect. I'd enter the code and then nothing.....the device would no longer show up under device and I can no longer connect to it. THis is happening on my Surface RT (which I know there are drivers issues still) but also on my Acer W3 which I just bought. Both are running 8.1.

Any ideas why this might be or what I can do to get it running on my Acer?

Try restarting 'Network Connections' and 'Network List Service' services. I've had success doing this when my tv isn't been detected anymore.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Miracast on 8.1 requires WDDM 1.3 Video Drivers (RT is still using WDDM 1.2), I believe there is an update for the Intel HD Drivers to make them 1.3 compliant, not sure if the Clover Trail Atom GPU has been updated yet...

ArmitageID

Hi there. Im new to the forums so be gentle :)

I have a Surface Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro Preview installed. I've tried with the built in Intel video driver as well as the updated one Intel has on their website. dxdiag shows that the video driver is Miracast supported.

Im using the PTV 3000 with the latest 2.2.16 firmware. I see the device and get prompted for the PIN. All that goes fine. However, when i try to connect it is unable to. I've tried the firewall thing, but that doesn't appear to be working. Any ideas?

OP
EMINENT

EMINENT

It's not perfect, no. After messing around and updates, I actually came to point in your situation. What I had to do to remedy it was a refresh. Re-installing 8.1 has fixed my issues for now. I've also tried updating the driver from Intel also, but that didn't work well either. I ended up with a boxed resolution an inch smaller than my TV display. So, I wouldn't mess with that one.

I'm afraid to update the newest Defender from 7/31 in fear of it being broken again. I don't know what is causing the issue, but this is the only solution i've found so far. Hopefully someone more knowing will have an answer for us or it gets resolved in 8.1 final soon.

Last edited: