What's new

8.1 Update 1 fixes tap and drag!!!

macmee

The touchpad is the same on both keyboard.
And I have 100% success rate. All I can think is that you don't type teh 2 fingers at the same time. You can check the option "Enhance Mouse pointer precision" which will help you with the multi-touch gestures and tracking of the cursor.
You can find it under the Mouse panel from the old Control Panel, then go under the Pointer Options tab.
-snip-

I have tried toggling this previously, although it seems to no avail. It's possible that it's another hardware issue with the keyboard (this is the keyboard that short circuits after several minutes of hard use). Hopefully after exchanging it, this problem will be corrected.

rp_guy

The touchpad is the same on both keyboard.
And I have 100% success rate. All I can think is that you don't type teh 2 fingers at the same time. You can check the option "Enhance Mouse pointer precision" which will help you with the multi-touch gestures and tracking of the cursor.
You can find it under the Mouse panel from the old Control Panel, then go under the Pointer Options tab.
mouse.PNG

what? all that setting does is change the acceleration of the cursor. has nothing to do with tracking your finger on the touchpad.

macmee

what? all that setting does is change the acceleration of the cursor. has nothing to do with tracking your finger on the touchpad.

Changing any setting related to the malfunctioning feature has a possibility of correcting it. Neither of us have any idea how the setting suggested by GoodBytes is implemented by Microsoft, so it's totally possible this could have fixed it.

GoodBytes

I am noticing a slight milisecond adjustment on the multitouch when it on or off. I was going that perhaps, macmee thinks he taps 2 fingers at the same time, but there is a slight delay, which is just enough to no register with him.
Personally I enable this feature for improved tracking not fixing the multii-touch.

Its a simple check box, so it doesn't hurt trying, is what I was going with. All I can think beside that, is that macmee is not typing hard enough (not suggesting that you need tap hard).