What's new

8/19/14 firmware update installed AGAIN?!? today on my SP3 i7???

Zog1971

I woke my SP3 i7, 256gb today and noticed it said it needed to restart to apply a windows update. I went ahead and restarted and went to go look at my update history to see what updated. It is saying that it installed the 8/19/14 firmware update.....again?!? My history also shows that the 8/19/14 firmware was successfully installed on 8/20. I'm confused and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Did it not install correctly the first time? Is this some sort of update to the 8/19 firmware? The SP3 seems to be working great, but had felt it had been doing better since the 8/20 install. I have not uninstalled or installed anything since the 8/20 installation. VERY CONFUSED!

OP
Zog1971

Zog1971

history.JPG

Thought I would take a picture so people didn't think I was nuts. What's this about?

graye

I presume you've done a shutdown or a cold reboot since the first successful application of the firmware?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Occasionally when you run System Level Disk Clean Up it will remove the Firmware Update (an others) Flag and will re-apply. Also any change or corruption of a driver package can also cause the Firmware to be re-applied.