950 or 950XL?

Which Lumia are you picking up?

• 950 all the way baby!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • There's no other choice! 950XL FTW!!!

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

cereal killer

It really only comes down to the size preference on these two phones. Which one are people picking up. Please cast your vote!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it was nothing more than size preference then it would be 950 without a question. But I also have to consider how the different chips will perform when docked. The ability to dock is a huge seller for me as all of my internet is via my phone. This thing makes my tethering needs non existent. Hopefully the cameras perform the same.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be happy with whichever I get. That's all I know. Like the sp3, this just seems to flatten its competitors (not in sales though...) and is pretty much aimed at a mature market. I am now bored of android (same story on ios) because it is clearly orientated around being able to focus to every croud from toddlers to octogenarians. Windows 10 on phone shouts business first, pleasure second to me. What I want. Selling it based on office, outlook etc, not Netflix and candy crush

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
When they hit the US market in November, they will only be available through AT&T, according to a Microsoft executive.

"It's the best distribution for this family of devices," said Tuula Rytila, corporate vice president of marketing for phones and new devices, in an interview.

:(

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The USA mobile phone system is baffling.

I thought Microsoft wanted this round of phones to have every chance.

Compusmurf

From the press release I saw, only the 950 was going to ATT and XL wad sold by MS unlocked. Guess we will learn more later.

bluegrass

I have had Windows Lumia's phones for the past several years. I'm a strong Microsoft supporter & definitely not a Mac supporter but I keep running into apps that weren't available on Windows phones, so 2 days ago I went to Verizon and ordered a new iPhone 6S plus. I hated to bail on Windows phones but it was all about the apps for me.

I've also been with AT&T for ever with my cell phones but I'm retiring next year and going to live full-time in an RV. The research I've done showed that full-time RVers say that Verizon has the best coverage in the US. That's the reason I switched.

Last edited: