What's new

A Free Keyboard

NGC

There are many of us sitting on the fence realizing that the Surface Pro is an excellent computer. A price drop like a free keyboard would improve sales and drive new buyers to the store.

Ruffles

Yeah, a free keyboard would be nice but trust me, the Pro is worth it even if you have to pay for it. The type is my fav keyboard.

mitchellvii

How can you stand how noisy the type keyboard is? It sounds like a machine gun. I cant imagine using that in a class or library, they would kick you out. I prefer the touch. I can type incredibly fast since i barely have to touch the keys.

kristalsoldier

How can you stand how noisy the type keyboard is? It sounds like a machine gun. I cant imagine using that in a class or library, they would kick you out. I prefer the touch. I can type incredibly fast since i barely have to touch the keys.

I use the Type cover all the time in an academic setting and have no problems at all. That said, I have not used the Touch cover and I am tempted to try it.

kristalsoldier

There are many of us sitting on the fence realizing that the Surface Pro is an excellent computer. A price drop like a free keyboard would improve sales and drive new buyers to the store.

It would probably be even better if MS gave them away for free - as a promotion, you know...:>))

OP
N

NGC

I have read many many reviews on the difference between the Touch and Type keyboard. With the one exception on this thread the Type Keyboard is far superior for the skilled keyboarder. Microsoft include it in the price for Free?

Striknine

I have the touch cover and really like it. Using it as a cover really is comfortable too. A co-worker at my office has the type version and when you fold it back to use as a tablet the buttons feel weird when you hold the surface verses the flat surface of the touch cover.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I have read many many reviews on the difference between the Touch and Type keyboard. With the one exception on this thread the Type Keyboard is far superior for the skilled keyboarder. Microsoft include it in the price for Free?

It is really a matter of preference. No problem with the touch cover for me. I think many people also assume the touch cover is some how inferior and get type covers without giving the touch a shot first. Then when they give their positive reviews on the type cover they imply they got it because it is better than the touch cover but don't really have basis for comparison. Because of the costs only a few people are able adequately test both.

Either way a free keyboard would be nice but I have no problems with how MS is handling it. As long as we are dreaming why not give the Surface away. That would be the best way to get a lot of users to the platform. Way more than just giving the keyboard for free ;)

OP
N

NGC

Oh well I guess I just wait for the 128gb with a type keyboard for $999. Good idea right Microsoft?