What's new

mtalinm

Back on topic:

Two weeks after receiving the Surface Book, I physically took it to a Microsoft Store to purchase the Microsoft Complete protection. Store associates inspected the Book and its serial number, then registered my purchase.

really, so if I buy on amzn or elsewhere, I can still get MS Complete?

have been waiting for it to be available at MS store so I could get this. great news!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
really, so if I buy on amzn or elsewhere, I can still get MS Complete?

have been waiting for it to be available at MS store so I could get this. great news!

You have 45 days from date of purchase to obtain Microsoft Complete. You must show evidence of the purchase (receipt) and have the serial number and condition of the device physically verified. Any skins may have to be removed, especially if the serial number is covered.

In my case, even though I bought the Surface Book from the Microsoft Store online, I did not tick the option for the coverage. So I physically took it to a Microsoft Store kiosk at a shopping mall.

gootdude

Mind posting screenshots of your reliability history report (search reliability history or security and maintenance -> maintenance -> view reliability history"), your battery report (powercfg.exe /batteryreport) and sleepstudy report (elevated command prompt powercfg.exe /sleepstudy) ?

I haven't seen anyone with the i7/16gb get anywhere near your battery life, so just want to see how much your battery is draining in connected standby (before it hibernates since I assume you have the default setting of 120 minutes sleep before hibernate).

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sure will, @gootdude -

Here you go.

Screenshot (97).png

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (98).png

Screenshot (100).png

Last edited: