What's new

A Patch by any other name would revise no less

macmee

Tease the very top of the app with your pointer. It should appear :)

"tease?" What am I, some sort of prostitute? What does this mean!

I am trying to get balls deep and risk totally destroying my tablet by downloading this new update but it's not showing up for me.

I do have a camera codec pack for 8.1 update (that I've had for MONTHS) that is still failing to install.

macmee

Most of us have gotten the update, perhaps try doing it via the control panel?

Not getting it there either, and I've installed all previous updates save for a camera codec pack which keeps failing to install.

Hmm..

kundas1

I highly suggest sending in your Surface for a new one, the ungodly luck you been having must he unbearable! I would have thrown it against the wall by now lol

Patch has killed the virtual keyboard sounds!! They are still there but very quiet and there is no way to change the volume. The volume control works fine but doesn't affect the keyboard sounds. MS is pure suckage....endless problems with SP.....

"tease?" What am I, some sort of prostitute? What does this mean!

I am trying to get balls deep and risk totally destroying my tablet by downloading this new update but it's not showing up for me.

I do have a camera codec pack for 8.1 update (that I've had for MONTHS) that is still failing to install.

Well, y'know, nudge it a bit. Just stroke along the top edge with your pointer, it's right there ;)

Sorry to hear about your issue downloading it though. Without being creepy, where are you located? MS might not have rolled it out to your location yet :)

Sihaz

I did the update the manual way a couple of weeks ago. All been working fine since. Still got a 100MB windows 8.1 update though so I guess there were a few bits missing...

Seneleron

Patch has killed the virtual keyboard sounds!! They are still there but very quiet and there is no way to change the volume. The volume control works fine but doesn't affect the keyboard sounds. MS is pure suckage....endless problems with SP.....

You're joking, right? My wife thinks this is the absolutely *BEST* part of the update, ESPECIALLY at 5 am when she's still trying to sleep ;)

For anyone still having problems with the update, it has been suggested that disabling and re-enabling automatic updates SHOULD shake it loose. I can't confirm this, however, as I had no issues getting it to pop up.