What's new

A Used RT is the greatest value in technology!

SRVwannab

I won't go over all of the reasons that the RT launch didn't well- (or at least my opinion of the reasons...) but, in today's technology market, a used (or, a pre-owned) RT really is an incredible value.

First, you can buy it for under $200! Many times, at that price it is also bundled with a Type Cover. Are you kidding me?? The Surface RT is a product that, in spite of its limitations, (like the dumb one-stop kickstand) is a steal at that price.

Second, it comes with a workable version of Office. In other words, for under $200 you have a quality product that comes with Office with virtually all of the functionality of the full version.

I'm going on this rant because as much as I love my SP3, I also have an RT that I think is very underrated. Is it perfect? Nope. Are there limitations with product? Yep.

Here is my beef with the conventional opinion of the RT- I have never seen a product launch where more focus was put on what a product couldn't do. Each of the reviews seemed to focus on the whole without any thought of the doughnut.

leeshor

Here is someone excited about his Surface RT. Couple things mentioned in another video was the inclusion of Office which is worth some $$, the instant on/off, no virus potential, (yet).

PhilBiker

His part 2 video is even better. Those two videos were part of the reason that I got a new old stock 64 G Surface RT in August. I completely love it. What a fantastic machine! So capable. I love having the desktop and the Office apps. I only wish there were more quality apps in the app store.