What's new

Accu is bloated

Thomas5555

Hi ther! My Display on my SP4 is pressed out on the left side by a bloated accu. So I would like to Change the accu by myself, there are several Videos on YouTube so I think I can do it and it will cost me 60$ or so. But Im afraid when I heat the Display to loose it the accu can explode. What do you think? Also to remove the old accu they all heat up the case. So will there be a Risk for me? Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi ther! My Display on my SP4 is pressed out on the left side by a bloated accu. So I would like to Change the accu by myself, there are several Videos on YouTube so I think I can do it and it will cost me 60$ or so. But Im afraid when I heat the Display to loose it the accu can explode. What do you think? Also to remove the old accu they all heat up the case. So will there be a Risk for me? Thank you!
Edited the thread as the HowTo is reserved for tutorials...

As far as fixing your SP4, make sure you have a backup of everything and then follow the iFixIt instructions to the tee, take your time and make sure you have everything you need and you have a chance to be successful.

Personally, I've been in the industry for 25 years and have worked on hardware (including the soldering era) and I don't think I would attempt to repair a Surface ;)