What's new

Acer w3 price reduced at Office Depot

Tom T

Office Depot is now selling the w3 64gig for $349 and the 32gig for $299. Their website says prices are effective through 7/20.
If you were on the fence here, this might be just the extra boost you need to make it over.

OP
T

Tom T

So far I'm just getting used to the changes in the 8.1 update, but for me the improved keyboard is the most impressive. Inputting data with an onscreen keyboard is probably more important with this tablet compared to Android or other small screen devices because of the serious software it is capable of running. The ability to swipe for alternative keystrokes, such as numerical input, has seriously improved the usefulness of productivity apps for me.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

lindamartin123

So far I'm just getting used to the changes in the 8.1 update, but for me the improved keyboard is the most impressive. Inputting data with an onscreen keyboard is probably more important with this tablet compared to Android or other small screen devices because of the serious software it is capable of running. The ability to swipe for alternative keystrokes, such as numerical input, has seriously improved the usefulness of productivity apps for me.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

How much cost? It 's very attractive i think.The display and keystrokes are different.I am interested to buy.

OP
T

Tom T

Not sure I quite understand the info you want but if you are not& in a hurry I would wait a couple months and a much improved version of the tablet should be available. I don't regret my purchase in fact far from it. This is an incredible device and even with the less than stellar screen and and slightly excessive weight it is maybe the coolest device since the Atari Lynx (which I know was a game system but so far ahead of its time its almost scary. )

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It has such a horrid screen and no digitizer....and Bay Trail ships in September. All of these reason combined we had to chop you Acer Iconia W3 ;)

OP
T

Tom T

It has such a horrid screen and no digitizer....and Bay Trail ships in September. All of these reason combined we had to chop you Acer Iconia W3 ;)

Like I said a new version with an improved screen will be out I believe in September, although I love my w3, and if I had my way all tablets would have a digitizer layer although I was kind of surprised that relatively few people actually make much use of the Stylus anyway.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

The Tech Press wants Microsoft out of the "ARM" Race and only to focus on x86 so they can flog the dead horse of the Wintel Duopoly and how it is fracturing now that Intel supports Android. Remember that the Tech Press uses Notepad or equivalent because most of the Content Engines are based on Wordpress (CNET, ZDNet, PCWorld and all related properties use the same engine) but they spend a few hours with the device and then pass judgment.

The Tegra4 brings the ability to have an Active Digitizer experience without the cost of adding Wacom or n-trig or Amtel to the device. The Tegra4 SoC can differentiate the differences between a finger or stubby stylus and fine tipped writing stylus and brings pressure sensitivity to the equation as well.

TeknoBlast

I have my first batch W3 and enjoying it. Do I like the screen, sure I don't, but all I do is watch videos and respond to Facebook messages. Don't need a fancy screen for that.