What's new

Activation issue after upgrade

Alberto

Error code 0xC004F034 when I tried to activate my Surface Pro 3 after upgrade to Windows 10, anyone else?

Last edited:

malberttoo

Via Windows Update, not clean install...

Ok. I think Microsoft's activation servers are getting slammed right now. I would wait a bit and see if the problem clears up.

Apparently many people are having to click the Activate button many many times before it finally takes, so I'm guessing it's just a server issue at the moment.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. I think Microsoft's activation servers are getting slammed right now. I would wait a bit and see if the problem clears up.

Apparently many people are having to click the Activate button many many times before it finally takes, so I'm guessing it's just a server issue at the moment.
Ahem, a cloud solution should elastically scale dynamically to meet demand :) cough cough

Russ

Via Windows Update, not clean install...
Alberto --

For an upgrade of a valid underlying OS, which must be the case on an S3, activation is automatic. It may not be timely, but it is automatic. I think Michael is right that the MS activation servers may be a little busy right now.

I have done nine upgrades, and in no case did I actually do anything to activate them. It just magically happened.

Ignore it for now and it will solve itself.

Regards,
Russ

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alberto --

For an upgrade of a valid underlying OS, which must be the case on an S3, activation is automatic. It may not be timely, but it is automatic. I think Michael is right that the MS activation servers may be a little busy right now.

I have done nine upgrades, and in no case did I actually do anything to activate them. It just magically happened.

Ignore it for now and it will solve itself.

Regards,
Russ
I'm confident Microsoft has not left activation out of the bugapalooza. :)

Johnny365

So now mine activated just now (it was activated when I first upgraded back on the 29th of July). It's like it constantly goes into Unactivated/Activated modes. Easy way to tell is if you can access the Xbox store (white shopping bag icon on start bar), then you are activated.