What's new

Actual time to charge Surface pro with RT charger?

tonyz3

I keep my pro chrgr in my home office and in the eve if needed I use my wifes Rt chrgr which I never timed it but charged quicker than I thought it would. I will time it next time for ref.

MMU

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'll be getting a surface pro (128GB) in the next week or two. In doing so, I'll want to pick up an additional charger for it, but I want to stick with an OEM charger of some sort. I've done fairly extensive searching on both the internets as well as this forum and haven't found an approximate answer to this questions:

How long does it take to fully charge a surface pro, with a surface rt charger?

The only answer I've found is the standard "It takes longer to charge the sp with the rt charger". Any/all responses are greatly appreciated : )

On a related note, this forum has been a HUGE help in finding out which accessories to purchase, along with my surface pro. I'm really looking forward to contributing as much as I can, to this forum!

I purchased another Pro charger because I was concerned that the lifespan of the built-in battery might be affected if it was charged at a slower rate or if the load caused by intensive use while the battery was also attempting to charge might possibly drop the voltage below the optimum charge voltage (while using the Rt charger).

heed

I bought a third-party charger and it does charge fine. The only problem is that it must put out some crazy EMI or something because the touch screen won't work and the touch cover sometimes won't register key presses. Of course if I unplug it from the charger all is well. I'll still use it as a bedside charger but NOT for use while I'm trying to use the Surface.