What's new

Adapter / cable for HDR with Dell S2719DC

maryjanev

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully enjoyed HDR (say, via the Windows Store Netflix app) with the Surface Pro 6 and an external display such as the Dell S2719DC. I already have this display and many 18 Gbps HDMI cables laying around. But as you know, the SP6 only has a mini Displayport. For those already successful in this endeavor, can you recommend a mini Displayport -- (female) HDMI adaptor or a mini Displayport -- (male) HDMI cable? Thanks.

p.s. My SP6 has the all the latest updates.

Turbo4AWD

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully enjoyed HDR (say, via the Windows Store Netflix app) with the Surface Pro 6 and an external display such as the Dell S2719DC. I already have this display and many 18 Gbps HDMI cables laying around. But as you know, the SP6 only has a mini Displayport. For those already successful in this endeavor, can you recommend a mini Displayport -- (female) HDMI adaptor or a mini Displayport -- (male) HDMI cable? Thanks.

p.s. My SP6 has the all the latest updates.
Not sure if the Surface Pro 6 can do HDR over Display Port (I imagine the technology is there so it should be able to send the signal through), but I do know that I can connect HDMI via my Docking Station and I think that can pass the HDR signal through....but I am sure you don't want to carry around a docking station just to output HDR to a bigger screen. I have these adapters on my Amazon list. Hope it helps.

OP
M

maryjanev

@Turbo4AWD Thanks for the info. Which dock do you refer? If it is just the MS dock, it just makes more ports (including Mini Displayports) so my problem remains: I still need a cable / adapter. Have you successfully transmitted HDR signals using the adapters you link?

Turbo4AWD

@Turbo4AWD Thanks for the info. Which dock do you refer? If it is just the MS dock, it just makes more ports (including Mini Displayports) so my problem remains: I still need a cable / adapter. Have you successfully transmitted HDR signals using the adapters you link?
These were just ones I researched. I haven't ordered them yet, but I will let you know once I get them. Sorry I couldn't be more help in your decision making.

Turbo4AWD

I just did a Google search and found this....apparently it works with 4K HDR content. I personally love TrippLite products and use their tech often. Let me know if this works for you.