What's new

adding an all-in-one kodak printer

badham21

to normally add this wireless printer to a laptop/computer, you would have to install the software for it which is located on a disk.

Now the obvious problem for the surface setup is the lack of a disk drive. So the software downloading is made impossible, isn't it? Does this mean I wont be able to install the printer onto the surface or is there another way around it.

For anyone who wants to know, my printer is the Kodak ESP C310 All-in-one Printer

archapacman

I added a wireless printer, Canon something, just by usb. It went online and installed both the offline and online drivers.

You need to check the compatibility online or something.

OP
B

badham21

I added a wireless printer, Canon something, just by usb. It went online and installed both the offline and online drivers.

You need to check the compatibility online or something.

when did you buy your printer? Because mine says the software is only compatible up to windows 7, and of course its an .exe so RT can't run it :/

bosamar

For what its worth I easily added my HP OfficeJet L7555 printer (wireless) via Control Panel > Devices > Add a Printer. It gave me a ton of HP driver options.

whi

Can you confirm you are not able to use your surface to print to Kodak ESP C310 All-in-one Printer?
This printer should have inbox support so no additional loading of drivers is necessary.
Link to MS compatibility site

If this does not work please let us know the different methods you tried connecting to the Kodak printer (USB, Wired, Wireless).