What's new

Adding large PDF to OneNote issue?

Omar

Hi all,

OneNote on my new SP3 has a constipation issue where it can't seem to import a PDF.

I want to know if anyone has ever encountered this issue before. I currently go to school and have a lot of my textbooks in the form of a PDF. Some PDFs upload without issue on OneNote. For some unknown reason, some other PDFs will cause my SP3 to blast its fan as it gets hot, then ends up not uploading the PDF at all. It will go to the "loading PDF" screen, and pretty much gets constipated at 70%-90%, then the fan cranks up and OneNote is just like "eff this I give up" and goes back to the black OneNote page. Its so damn annoying.

Please advise!

Thanks

Try unchecking this. It slows down adding PDF's and is also aggravating, IMHO.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    67.8 KB · Views: 5,580
OP
O

Omar

@the1spicymeatbal thanks dude, I did this, through my PC, and OneNote was only constipated for like like 2 minutes and then pushed out a PDF. Now if it will sync with my SP3, I will be set.

OP
O

Omar

I just added a PDF file printout on a single page, will the notebook automatically sync with my SP3?

As long as you are using a shared notebook through onedrive, then yes. Just make sure the device you added the large PDF to is done syncing...

OP
O

Omar

I dont want to create another thread just for this next chain of problems, so I'll ask you here.. It seems that two of my notebooks are not syncing. the PDFs I added through my PC don't show up on my SP3. This is so frustrating.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Open the Office Upload Center and see if there are conflicts, you can also restart the OneDrive Sync Process.

If the Notebooks are large it can also take awhile...