What's new

Advanced replacement turnaround time?

Ruffles

For those of you that have used the Advanced replacement program, how long did it take? I was told 3 business days. It's been 3 business days and my order still says processing. I was hoping for a tracking number by now.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

So, it's been 5 business days since Microsoft started my Advanced Replacement. I was supposed to receive my new surface in 3 - 5 days but the status of my order has said "processing" and never changed. I called them this morning to find out whats up. The rep couldn't figure anything out. She simply said it shows her the same thing as me - "processing". She said the only solution was to escalate me up to the "Care" group who will contact me in - you guessed it - 3 to 5 business days!

This sucks.

jomon

Count me in as another disappointed customer who got suckered into an "advanced exchange" option. I checked on the status of my order today because I have yet to received a shipping noticed (they promised to ship the replacement in 24 to 48 hours) and guess what? They have not entered my replacement order yet!! WT.....!!. I feel sorry for the "Care" group fella who will be calling me because I'm gonna be yelling

So, it's been 5 business days since Microsoft started my Advanced Replacement. I was supposed to receive my new surface in 3 - 5 days but the status of my order has said "processing" and never changed. I called them this morning to find out whats up. The rep couldn't figure anything out. She simply said it shows her the same thing as me - "processing". She said the only solution was to escalate me up to the "Care" group who will contact me in - you guessed it - 3 to 5 business days!

This sucks.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

Glad to know I'm not the only one is this boat. The wait for my initial Surface was bad enough but I think this is even worse. My Surface still works fine - except for the keyboard so I can play around with it but I hate to spend time setting it up when I'm just going to have to redo everything when the replacement comes :(.

mranieri

Where did you buy your Surface? I bought mine at a Microsoft store and they replaced two right there! No waiting.......

jomon

Well what do you know. MS has finally shipped my replacement after I called earlier today and discovered that they have not even entered my order 3 days after they were supposed to have done it!! I guess I should have called earlier.

heather70732

I am dealing with the same thing, I sent mine back last Tues. for a warranty replacement. Micro sd card not reading, and they sent me a label for overnight. They got it on Wed. , and I still show processing, and have not gotten my new one! This sucks because I am a student, and needed it over the weekend. Instead I had to stay home to do all my work on my desktop.