What's new

Advice on where to buy in USA from UK

hunting4bison

I have been trying to buy a Surface Pro 2 in the UK for a few weeks but they are all sold out. My cousin lives in the USA and is willing to forward it onto me if I get it sent to his house. My question is, where should I purchase this from? I want the 256gb model and can pay with Paypal, debit card or credit card (would prefer the credit card). The microsoft store online only allows cards with USA billing address' and when i try to go through checkout with Paypal it gives me an error code unsucessful. Bestbuy is sold out of that model online apparently, are there other common electronic retailers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

CrippsCorner

Couldn't you PayPal your mate the money and get him to buy it on his card?

The UK store says delivery by December 15th... getting one from America is probably going to take just as long and you'll get bitten on the arse by import duty! I'd wait personally.

Alternatively there's a UK seller on eBay here...

NEW 256GB SURFACE PRO 2 WINDOWS 8.1 PRO Wi-Fi 10.6" INCH 8GB RAM TABLET + PEN | eBay

Or a cheaper, USA seller here that'll post worldwide...

NEW Microsoft Surface Pro 2 i5-4200 8GB 256GB Wi-Fi 10.6in Black (Latest Model) | eBay

WTfover

I can't help you with the credit card thing but... I ordered a SP2 26GB from the MS site on Thursday, which gave me a Dec 15th delivery date and had a shipping confirmation less than 24 hours later. I also bought a Type Pad at the same time, and oddly enough they are shipping separately as I got a separate email about that. Mine is coming from Harrisburg PA. If you can work it out with your cousin, you could be holding it in your hand in a week or two.