What's new

After a few days with the new Intel 520 beta driver - excellent results so far!

giliav

Hi,
Just updating the team that after using the new beta driver from Intel for the 520 display adapter I can happily report that the driver crash issues seem to finally be gone!
I was skeptical but I did install the driver (extracted the zip file, device mananger->Manually update the driver ).

It's been 3 days without a single display driver crash (and I used to have them happen 2-3 times a day). Really hoping MS will adopt and release an update with these drivers soon.

OP
giliav

giliav

Well that's what I am reporting. I had the same issue and after upgrading to the new drivers it stopped crashing.
Give it a try.

Bennyhill43

I have to report success as well. I installed the drive 2 days ago and have only had one crash since the install. The funny thing is prior to me getting my SB I had bought a HP 360 which had the same drivers installed as Intel is calling Beta for us. the new control panel was the exact same as the one I now have on my SB.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks!! Downloading now. Will report back. Currently had a few drivers crashes, let's see if this fixes it.

UPDATE: I tried installing it but it won't install. It's saying it's not validated for this computer...
Download the Zipped version and install manually through Device Manager....

bangsters

Download the Zipped version and install manually through Device Manager....

Thanks! I was just about to update my post saying the same thing lol... I ended up downloading the zip instead and manually updating via device manager, and browse for the .inf file.

OK now updated. Let's see how this goes.

OP
giliav

giliav

Yeah - that's the way to do it. Download the zip, extract and do "update driver" from the Intel display adapter under your device manager.
Surprisingly this beta version is A LOT more stable than the non-beta version of the driver (at least on my machine).