What's new

Solved After sleep - message about screensaver

leshay

Hi
I have had the 'Bubbles' screensaver activated for a few days, and it seems to work OK, it appears after the set delay and shows no issues.

However, when I resume after Sleep, I am getting a message about 'Screensaver cannot run as the graphics card needs to support DirectX' (my words, something similar.

The resume will then continue to log in when I touch the screen when that message is displayed and all is as normal.

Why would the Surface Pro 3 object to the screensaver at that point anyway as I am just Resuming from Sleep mode? Is the system trying to run the Screensaver while in Sleep mode? Any ideas about what could be happening there?

bluegrass

Not sure. Haven't used a screensaver for years since todays equipment doesn't require a screensaver to protect the screen from getting images burned into them. I wouldn't think that the SP3 would block you from using one though.

OP
L

leshay

Not sure. Haven't used a screensaver for years since todays equipment doesn't require a screensaver to protect the screen from getting images burned into them. I wouldn't think that the SP3 would block you from using one though.
Hi

I have stopped using the screensaver. As you say, there is little need for them these days.