What's new

Air Bubbles on back of Surface

Mister_TBD

I received my Surface yesterday and I must say I absolutely love it. I have been using it primarily in tablet mode without my type cover. I noticed that on the back of my surface there are little air bubbles. I can feel them with my fingers while holding the surface which gets annoying and I can visibility see them. Does anyone else have these small imperfections on their surface? Would it be worth it to return the device? Would that be considered a legitimate defect by Microsoft thus allowing me to exchange my device?

Thanks,

Jim

paulus

That sucks Mister. Those "small imperfections" are a bit hard to imagine without pictures so please share.

I'm sure the critics will try and sell this as a common and widespread problem of the Surface tablet. Watch how it will blow up in online blogs. :eek:mg:

It's some inconvenience, but I suggest you give Microsoft a call and expect a few call backs. I'm sure yours is a unique manufacturing case and Microsoft would give you a speedy replacement if those bubbles are really there.

OP
M

Mister_TBD

That sucks Mister. Those "small imperfections" are a bit hard to imagine without pictures so please share.

I'm sure the critics will try and sell this as a common and widespread problem of the Surface tablet. Watch how it will blow up in online blogs. :eek:mg:

It's some inconvenience, but I suggest you give Microsoft a call and expect a few call backs. I'm sure yours is a unique manufacturing case and Microsoft would give you a speedy replacement if those bubbles are really there.

Hi Paulus,

I will do my best to provide pictures. You can see the bubbles with the naked eye and feel them with your fingers. I am having a hard time getting the camera to focus on them due to there small size. If I uploaded a picture now you guys would think I am nuts as you can't see anything. I'll try giving Microsoft a call and explaining it to them, hopefully if I returned it they would actually try to hold the tablet themselves.

jehugo

Ask yourself if youd rather not have those bubbles. Return it to a store and rebuy or call for an exchange.

OP
M

Mister_TBD

eeeek phone support. I dialed option 2 (surface) and then option 2 (for returns) and it brought me to the wrong guy who then tried to transfer me to the right department. I may just go to the store and exchange it there.

jehugo

store all the way. I didn't want to buy from the store because of MA sales tax but they charge that online too. The Copley store is very good and it took me 10 mins to return and rebuy (note they cant exchange from online purchase, only accept returns )