What's new

Allowing Kids to Draw on Surface Pro 2

InspectHerGadget

I let me five year old grandson draw on this last night. I was a bit concerned at one point as he bored down on the pen trying to fill in the whole screen!

The pen seems fine as does the screen today. The pen also seems pretty robust and the screen won't scratch with the supplied pen.

Anyone have any comments on this?

At the moment I'm inclined to let them play as long as I supervise them closely. I'm not about to let them carry it about.

It was interesting too watching him master then pen colours and line types in modern OneNote. He nailed it in no time. I was quite surprised but it goes to show how intuitive the radial menu system is and is one of the reasons I use modern OneNote for writing job notes.

kundas1

good gawd man! You're more brave than I am LOL but if you're going to let your 5yr old play with your device I would def invest in a screen protector... yes they're strong screens and all but to take the abuse of your 5yr old might be too much after awhile ;)

OP
I

InspectHerGadget

good gawd man! You're more brave than I am LOL but if you're going to let your 5yr old play with your device I would def invest in a screen protector... yes they're strong screens and all but to take the abuse of your 5yr old might be too much after awhile ;)

It is high risk behaviour!

I hadn't considered using a screen condom, as I'm afraid it might reduce sensitivity to input and reduce my enjoyment of the device.

Seriously, I have not used a screen protector on any device I own for years and touch wood haven't had any screen damage.

I am interested in your input though although I was worried about the pen also, but, looking at it again, there is nothing to break in the pen. It has a plastic tip and even if he wan over it with one of his twucks, it pwobably wouldn't bweak.

Any screen protectors you recommend?