What's new

Alternate Pen/Stylus for surface pro 3?

LazyZen

I had my nib start to fray in a few minutes, contacted MS and they ended up sending me 3 replacement nibs.

I would happily pay $10 for a pack of 20, I use the pen often for taking notes.

Hi! A little worried about the future of my pen, so I noticed that on the tip of the pen started to collect plastic hairs, I think it is from the pen of wear,(i won one used sp3) and as I understood you, somehow forced Microsoft to change your stylus tip? If so, you can detail the procedure?

By the way, while looking for info about the stylus for surface pro 3, and have not found a replacement stylus, ie suitable only from the company Ntrig? I need to basically paint, what has changed in the last month in this field?
Thnx

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! A little worried about the future of my pen, so I noticed that on the tip of the pen started to collect plastic hairs, I think it is from the pen of wear,(i won one used sp3) and as I understood you, somehow forced Microsoft to change your stylus tip? If so, you can detail the procedure?

By the way, while looking for info about the stylus for surface pro 3, and have not found a replacement stylus, ie suitable only from the company Ntrig? I need to basically paint, what has changed in the last month in this field?
Thnx
Go to the online support site and request a new set of tips... www.surface.com

zhenya

Is there any source of alternative types of nibs for the stock pen yet? I really like it overall, but wouldn't mind trying a nib that was a little softer.

ptrkhh

I think they have tweaked the nib though. I have had my SP3 for ~2 months, that means its not part of the early batch, with lots of inking, and it shows zero sign of wear so far.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I think they have tweaked the nib though. I have had my SP3 for ~2 months, that means its not part of the early batch, with lots of inking, and it shows zero sign of wear so far.
They introduced a Harder Nib in November...

geezerhood

If you want a really nice pen with two different tips, a black one that is more slippery and a gray one that feels more like writing on paper AND be able to keep the Blue Tooth button for OneNote, get the Sony VGP-STD2 stylus. I got a new one with battery for $30 on ebay. The Blue Tooth top from the SP3 pen fits perfectly on the Sony pen. I am an artist and the Sony pen is the best feeling pen I have found. 2nd Best is the HTC (a real bargain at $9 shipped, but no Blue Tooth for the HTC), followed by the 1st Gen SP3 tips.

My SP3 pen became my backup once I got the Sony. I finally have some new tips coming for my SP3 pen, hoping they are the latest harder tips.