What's new

Am now the new owner of a 128GB Surface Pro . . . (sorta) . . .

Russ

Actually, I guess I am just its temporary caretaker. It's real new owner is excitedly waiting for me to get it set up.

I went to BestBuy up here yesterday, and learned that they had exactly one 128GB model in stock. Tried to reserve it, but they apologetically said they could not "due to Microsoft policy." I think there's a lot of misinterpretation of that policy going around, since JNeikum reported that she was able to reserve one.

Anyhow, I didn't "camp out," but I did get there a little early. The guy I talked to yesterday saw me waiting outside, and, when the store opened, he met me at the door with box in hand.

I have it on the charger now, and will be playing with it soon.

Film at eleven . . .

Russ

OP
Russ

Russ

Bosamar --

It's a time zone thang. Your stores aren't even open yet.

I was laughing both to and at myself while waiting outside the store. For myself, I would not have done it. I would have just waited. But, . . . . . the things we will do for women.

Take care,
Russ

godknow

i got the surface 64gb one ... and ordered one from Microsoft store 128gb... will return it when i got my 128gb one

Nemesis296

I reserved my Surface Pro at Best Buy on Monday this past week and I'm currently typing on my 128 GB Surface Pro. Getting it was a huge hassle though, the employees at Best Buy were having the most difficulty in figuring out how to actually successfully give me my pre-order. After 5 different employees came over and fumbled with the computer system, I finally had it in my hands. No idea how many they had in the store, I just know that the one they promised me is now on my lap.

Looking forward to seeing how other people pick up the Surface Pro over the next few days!

DanielN

just walked into best buy here in Austin Texas to pickup the 128 gigabyte version with no problems

vicbush

I reserved my Surface Pro at Best Buy on Monday this past week and I'm currently typing on my 128 GB Surface Pro. Getting it was a huge hassle though, the employees at Best Buy were having the most difficulty in figuring out how to actually successfully give me my pre-order. After 5 different employees came over and fumbled with the computer system, I finally had it in my hands. No idea how many they had in the store, I just know that the one they promised me is now on my lap.

Looking forward to seeing how other people pick up the Surface Pro over the next few days!

Very similar experience at my BB - only took three employees for me though :p

I am REALLY glad I pre-ordered, because I'm pretty sure I got the only 128gb model there was. I overheard a few people asking about it while I was in there. I am currently getting stuff setup on it right now. I am really impressed by the device so far.

jneikum

I'm on mine now. And I lucked out with my keyboard too. They had an open box pink one on sale but the salesman let me swap it out for a red one instead. $97!

machistmo

Posted from my new 128GB Pro. I was able to trade up from the RT to the Pro and was given full credit for the RT. The Lady at the Durham Store was very nice and I only had to wait about 30 minutes for my Surface Pro. I grabbed a BT Wedge Mouse with it. Very nice. I actually like the pen as well, which is something I didn't think I would enjoy at all. Now I just need a second power adapter and I am all set. I should have asked while there.