What's new

Amazon Prime Instant Videos

Mbergin

I cannot get the videos to work from the Amazon Prime website. I keep getting the message that flash is not installed. This happens from both the desktop IE and the metro IE. I went into iecompatdata.xml and added <domain>amazon.com</domain> to the list, but then noticed that it was already there. I followed the directions of the XDA dev website to hack the whitelist and it still isn't working. Any ideas?

I wish I could help. but I'm also having continued problems with Flash embedded websites. I too, have added the sites to the WhiteList without success. Hopefully one of the wizards on board here will come up with a solution.

ArnoldC

It will depend on the "flash detector" code of the website.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

MSurfaceWA

The high-def version doesn't work for me of certain movies, but the standard def works for a movie and tv show I tried. On the metro browser, with no flash whitelist or anything. Strange it doesn't work for you.

OP
M

Mbergin

I can get further now. I did a refresh of the Surface in the "Change PC Settings" off the Charms Bar. After I did that I can now get past the Flash issue. however, it tries to connect to the show I choose on Amazon and after saying "connecting" for a bit, it comes up with Unable to connect to video. Please try again later.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I can get further now. I did a refresh of the Surface in the "Change PC Settings" off the Charms Bar. After I did that I can now get past the Flash issue. however, it tries to connect to the show I choose on Amazon and after saying "connecting" for a bit, it comes up with Unable to connect to video. Please try again later.

Good news bad news I suppose. More than likely the second problem is not Surface related. Do as it says and try again later. Maybe Amazon is having issues on their end. They have had a whole rash of cloud issues lately.

Beatkat

So no Java...flaky flash support...no Silverlight either?? Seems ill designed on a tablet who's main task will be an internet browser....I sure hope this is going to be addressed in updates...the web is heavy with this stuff and it needs to function seamlessly on a tablet like surface, even the rt....am I right????