What's new

An expensive brick

JBD

I bought my Surface Pro X last year and was really looking forward to using it for multiple things.

As of today, I still cannot download or run any Android apps or emulators (ie. Bluestacks). I cannot download apps from Adobe Creative Cloud (ie. Acrobat).

What I have now is a very expensive doodle pad and comic book reader.

What is being done about this?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK why you'd ever be able to run Bluestacks as it sucks even on x68, maybe someday when they compile it for ARM it will olny suck as bad on ARM. You can run Android apps from the Amazon Appstore which runs on top of the Windows Subsystem for Android, such that it is.

OP
J

JBD

I'm looking for whatever solution will let me download and use apps and software on my Surface as I do on my phone and tower PC.

As it stand right now, I am unable to download any apps from the Play Store. When I try to download Adobe Acrobat, I get a message telling me it can't download on my machine.

This makes my surface nearly useless.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, iv,e seen people hack their way to that but Google is not likely to ever allow that in the real world.

OP
J

JBD

I'm not exactly sure what the point is you're trying to make.

I cannot use an emulator to run Android apps on my Surface. That is problem one that needs to be addressed.

I cannot download and use normal software that is required by my job on my Surface. That is problem two that needs to be addressed.

When I searched for information on ARM/emulators/etc. for my Surface, I have found absolutely nothing that will help me resolve my two problems above. That's why I came here.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about your "brick" troubles. Why not install Acrobat from the Microsoft App Store or from Adobe, since not being able to use Acrobat seems to be one of your major problems?