What's new

Anand claims SP2 firmware update helped battery life a lot

MoggSquad

So I downloaded the zip file from MS, but there are folders for Intel/Marvell/Realtek/MS. Not sure if Im supposed to install of those.

Rvacha

It was a firmware update, not a driver update. It is available through Windows update. It is dated 10/24/13 but I don't think it became available until 10/29/13

demandarin

So I downloaded the zip file from MS, but there are folders for Intel/Marvell/Realtek/MS. Not sure if Im supposed to install of those.

you can install them all if you want. I installed the Marvell ones for Wifi adapter and Bluetooth on my pro1 this morning. The update included the drivers in it. I downloaded the whole update on my pro1. then unpackaged the zip file and deleted everything except the Marvell wifi and bt folders. then I installed both in my pro1. seems like my battery has been draining a lot slower.

Anandtech said the newer drivers allows the wifi to enter an even lower power state. which equated to the improved battery life.

Rvacha

Macmee- Open the desktop windows update and select "view update history". Funny thing is that above I said it became available 10/29 but it installed on 10/26, 10/27, 10/29, and 11/3. Clearly something is broken, at least for me. I don't think it is uninstallable. Ideas anyone?

macmee

I thought this was supposed to fix the problem where when coming out of sleep we got the "display driver has stopped working" message. I'm still getting that.

macmee

Any harm in installing them (if we already have them, or don't know if we have them)?

nah do it anyway I am.

edit: in Device Manager it told me I already have the most updated version for the driver when trying to install the new one -- looks like I'm good then, Windows Update did it for me.

Last edited: