What's new

And just like that my Surface Pro gets it's first scratch...

mitchellvii

Was just cleaning the screen of my Surface Pro and there it was, a 2 inch long hairline scratch right across the middle of the glass.

Have NO idea how it happened as my SP lives in a case and never leaves the house. The scratch is fine and can only be seen at the correct angle but like the first ding in your shiny sportscar, it sucks. The only possibility I can think of is that the cloth I use to wipe smudges off it must have had a tiny bit of grit in it. I actually had a screen protector on it but took it off because it was harder to wipe off.

Oh well, these devices are warriors and they get a little beat up like any laptop or tablet. Just makes you sad when it finally loses it's "new" like that. Even though it's a fine scratch you can actually feel it if you run your fingernail across it. Wow, how the ****. I swear that wasn't there yesterday.

** Guess I'll put the screen protector on it now and I won't be able to see the scratch anymore. Stuff like that really bugs me.

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

True...and I can empathize. What is worrying is that the glass was supposed to be of a strengthens type, wasn't it?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

True...and I can empathize. What is worrying is that the glass was supposed to be of a strengthens type, wasn't it?

Well, Gorilla Glass has a hardness factor of 7. Unfortunately, grit, sand, etc has a hardness of 8. So while your keys or change won't scratch the glass, bits of grit will quite easily. The scratch has a bit of a curve to it so I'm pretty sure I got it wiping off the screen.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

You're just having a bad week with your Surface.

Yep, but just when I start getting down I remind myself that I am rich and incredibly good looking and it all seems ok...

Seriously though, the screen protector does make the wound less obvious.

Last edited:

malberttoo

Humor in the face of adversity is an excellent quality to have, separates the boys from the men. :cool2:

Toddah

Just look at it this way you are now over the hump and don't have to worry about that first scratch from now on.:LOL: