What's new

Android on SP3 - Bluestacks?

double07

I did it on SP1. It works but it is not for me. I have a nice Android tablet already, if I want to use android I grab android tablet.

jedge

Done and done:

Capturdfe.JPG

I didn't pay for it, just letting it download the daily free app. It does seem slower than i expected. No idea if it's affecting battery life since it's not open most of the time, but i'll keep an eye on it.

tuchas

Some Android apps under Blue Stacks are crashing the Android-emulated OS, but that was happening on other PCs as well. Someone on another thread mentioned Genymotion - anyone try that emulator?

www.genymotion.com

jedge

@jedge

free version will force downloading apps? will it install the apps auto?

It says to continue using it after the first day, you can choose to pay $2 per month ($24 for a year) or download the free app of the day. I chose the free app option, but i don't think it ever downloaded anything. I've only had it for 1 day. I'll check again later.

Seems pretty stable to me, though it does seem to get confused when it expects location data.
The resource monitor apps usually don't work too... ex: it can't report on the battery.
It does recognize the Type Cover 2 as an input device with no problems.
If you run it in full screen mode, it will take over your desktop and you can't reduce it. If you want to use the desktop you have to close it. But if you run it in window'd mode that's not a problem, but kinda destroys the experience.
Phone doesn't work either. :p

It looks surprisingly good on the screen. No scaling or hi-res issues like other apps show. Here's a full scale screenshot of the corner:
next.png

godson594

Some Android apps under Blue Stacks are crashing the Android-emulated OS, but that was happening on other PCs as well. Someone on another thread mentioned Genymotion - anyone try that emulator?

Genymotion

I downloaded it and ended up uninstalling it 10 minutes after. Wasn't the same as Blue Stacks and I didn't feel like spending anymore time trying to figure out how to add stuff from google play store.