What's new

Anniversary update bug

Orlbuckeye

Did you do the update from August 9th?

August 9, 2016 — KB3176495 (OS Build 14393.51)
This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11.
  • Addressed issue to keep pen click settings after updating to Windows 10 Version 1607.
  • Addressed issue that may cause Windows 10 Mobile devices to hang after turning Bluetooth on and off very quickly.
  • Security updates to Kernel Mode Drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, and Windows Authentication Methods.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

Are you guys experiencing faster battery drain on your SB with the AU update or the release preview update to be precise? MS should really get things in order on their own high end hardware. It's been frustrating, first the notification bug that freezes the taskbar and action center (had to turn on quiet hours as a workaround to that) to the still unsolved bug of 90% of websites crashing in edge and this battery drain. If this is windows going forward, it doesn't paint a good picture. I know I'm running the inside preview, but the release preview ring is not that different from what the regular versions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WaVeS

Been having the same issue. Ran SCF /scannow as admin and ran an online repair on office. So far so good. I haven't rebooted yet so I guess time will tell.

mtmowl

Are you guys experiencing faster battery drain on your SB with the AU update or the release preview update to be precise? MS should really get things in order on their own high end hardware. It's been frustrating, first the notification bug that freezes the taskbar and action center (had to turn on quiet hours as a workaround to that) to the still unsolved bug of 90% of websites crashing in edge and this battery drain. If this is windows going forward, it doesn't paint a good picture. I know I'm running the inside preview, but the release preview ring is not that different from what the regular versions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes. I've noticed that I'm getting about half the battery life I was a couple of weeks ago. I can't find anything running that would account for it.

Quite the botched job!

angelinaOO7

I'm having the same issue. I've noticed it does it about every other time. It's annoying as hell to have to restart my computer every time this happens!!! It seems like on a daily, I run the Windows Update Diagnostic tool. This is what I get:

Capture.JPG