What's new

Anniversary update bug

nnthemperor

Anyone experiencing the notification and action center bug? Notifications freeze both the taskbar and action panel and needs a reboot. Sometimes though it refreshes by itself. Wonder if I should revert to the previous build and try updating once again.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

Thanks for the response. Are you in the insider ring? I guess there's a bug in that version. Reverted to the previous build and then updated again last night and now every thing is OK. The insider preview versions have an extra feature were your phone model Android or windows shows in the action panel and you get almost all notifications that come to your phone. Cool, But a bit buggy presently.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bamaster

I have the same issue. Not using insider updates. I have done a complete system reset and it seems to be gone. For now. Very buggy update for me.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

May have spoken a lil' too early. The problem is there. Work around is to not click the pop up notification. Any interaction with it freezes the task bar. MS needs to release a new firmware update for the surface line cos I think this is peculiar to them esp those on insider builds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Krell

Aloha from Germany,

am new here, so this ist the first post.
Since 8 days I have a new Surface Book and the same Probs. Lot of Bugs. Today I tried, instead of automatic Update, the Update Tool.
Tomorrow I will report if it works.

Greetz

Krell

It seems, the manually Update is working better and more stable. Waiting for Notification from Action Center.
Now, the Chrome TV-Stream works much better.

Aegeas

Did you guys install some extensions? If it wasn't doing it before you installed an extension I would be inclined to blame the extension.

WolfJT

Did you guys install some extensions? If it wasn't doing it before you installed an extension I would be inclined to blame the extension.
I didn't try Edge after the update without extensions. I see a lot of people talking about instability after the AU

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk