What's new

Solved Anniversary update not working

vMo

Hi All,

Today, the anniversary update was available for download on my surface pro4.
I tried to launch it twice, but every time the same result :
Download of the installation files is ok, then the installation starts, and around 10~20% of process, the Surface restarts and does a rollback to the previous restoration point.

I only got the surface pro 4 since 3 weeks (so not many things have been changed on it).
I can't find any information or reason why the process is not working (no logs, no error message...)

Any idea ? did someone do the same update with success ?
infos: I have about 72Gb of free space on my SSD / OS is in French / Eset smart security is running on the device

Thanks
Vincent

Pwscott

My Surface Pro 4 took the update easily, but my desktop machine failed to update...I rebooted it and tried again and it updated fine but took a long time. May be a reboot or two?

OP
V

vMo

Well, tonight the update is not available anymore.... maybe waiting for a couple of weeks would be a good idea before making a new attempt :)

Pwscott

Perhaps it's not available to you, or in your country, but I just downloaded it and upgraded another machine so it's certainly available.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just based on past experience Id disable eset during the install at least.

The Media Creation Tool should let you update on demand. I don't know about other languages but I don't think it should be a problem.

OP
V

vMo

Hi,

After upgrading my notebook successfully, I tried again on my Surface Pro yesterday.
It finally worked after :
* uninstalling Eset (important)
* making more space on my disk than expected
* Cleaning my disk
* Doing the upgrade with the Windows10Upgrade tool that I have downloaded from the Microsoft website

Thanks you for your time and answers guys!
Vincent