What's new

Annotating PDFs and using onenote at the same time

Eldar politkin

Hey,

first of all i'm a student and want to use the surface 3 for studying.

I'm new to the surface experience and i have some questions:
1. is there any program to annotating PDFs that is not a app like reader or drewboard pdf that support the surface pen? i don't really like the apps full screen and ext...:)

2. is there a way to use pdf and onenote at the same time when i'm in portrait mode? i tried dragging the pdf to one side and onenote to the under side and its not working do you have any suggestions?

sorry for my English it's not my main language

Jose Miguel

This works for me at least:
Open the PDF document, print it using the "send to one note" printer , select the notebook you want to send to and you're done.

Liam2349

Aside from Drawboard, as Jose said you can print the PDF to OneNote but you must print to OneNote 2013. From here, you can annotate it like you would annotate a print-out version.

Just be aware that by default, OneNote will create a new page for every page in the PDF you are printing. You can change this in the settings - personally I like all of my PDF pages to print to the same page in OneNote.

You cannot currently use two metro apps at the same time in portrait mode. Windows 10 looks like it will include this functionality, which appears it could be useful.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Printing of printing to OneNote, the only caveat is if you need to share the file. To keep it a PDF you can use a desktop PDF Inking Application like PDF Annotator which can be purchased as a student for around $40USD when on sale...(I switch to Drawboard personally after using PDF Annotator v. 1-4) or REVO Bluebeam (really pricy $400USD), or Acrobat which is $200USD.

OP
E

Eldar politkin

hey all,

thank you for your help :)

i tried using the print option in onenote and didn't found it very usable for big documents only for small one

then i tried using PDF Annotator and i was amazed by it! very simple and worth the price!

And i can't wait for Windows 10!

Hey,

first of all i'm a student and want to use the surface 3 for studying.

I'm new to the surface experience and i have some questions:
1. is there any program to annotating PDFs that is not a app like reader or drewboard pdf that support the surface pen? i don't really like the apps full screen and ext...:)

2. is there a way to use pdf and onenote at the same time when i'm in portrait mode? i tried dragging the pdf to one side and onenote to the under side and its not working do you have any suggestions?

sorry for my English it's not my main language

i recommend bluebeam revu extreme,it is expensive however there is an educational discount.

there is ,too,a free trial for one month(full version)

you are going to forget PDF Annotator for ever

Liam2349

i recommend bluebeam revu extreme,it is expensive however there is an educational discount.

there is ,too,a free trial for one month(full version)

you are going to forget PDF Annotator for ever

I got the trial and it looks cool if complex. Is there a way to ink only with the pen, so that you can pan with your fingers?