What's new

Another Dual Monitor thread

glendayle

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I've been searching around for a while and haven't been able to find quite what I'm looking for. Although from some of the threads I've read, I sort of can't imagine this hasn't been solved. I just couldn't find it.

Anyway. I just got my first ever Surface. It's a Surface Pro 3. In addition, I have a docking station. It's the surface pro 3 docking station and not the surface dock. My last OS was windows 7 so I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out 10. Trying to do dual monitors with the docking station.

My monitors are both Acer G246HL 24 inch monitors. They are pretty cheap monitors but I think run the 1920 x 1080 resolution. The both have a DVI and VGA port, but no HDMI. I purchased a couple of adapters. One is a USB 3.0 to VGA and the other is a mini display port to VGA/HDMI/DVI. The minidisplay port one works great, but I can't get the the USB to VGA adapter to work. I've tried several different drivers. Sometimes when trying to install a driver I get an error that says that a "newer driver is already installed".

In my mind this isn't a terribly difficult problem and someone that is even mildly savvy could probably figure it out. Hopefully that is the case. Any help appreciated. Links to the adapters I purchased are below.

Thanks in advance

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHRSGO8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Amazon.com: ZAMO SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter for Windows: Computers & Accessories