What's new

Solved Another Fan question

rap429

I am new to the forum although I have been stalking it since I got my Surface several months ago. I have never had a fan issue and it would only kick on with heavy video use. All of the sudden the fan will kick on, full blast, for 1 or 2 seconds then kick off then do it again. Occasionally it will stay on for about 5 minutes after that and go off. This happens when it is idle as well. Opening task manager shows minimal activity.

Specs are I5 with 8 ram and 256GB running 8.1

Thanks

leeshor

You would need to uninstall Chrome to see a serious change. Not using it doesn't provide the full benefit.;)

Johnny365

Slightly offtopic, but Chrome is something that I use on a lot of my devices. Do you think the ram hogging can be fixed with later releases or have they just been ignoring it?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slightly offtopic, but Chrome is something that I use on a lot of my devices. Do you think the ram hogging can be fixed with later releases or have they just been ignoring it?
That depends... Google Chrome loads pages in the background trying to anticipate your next move in order the give the illusion that it's *fast*. Should Google choose to give up the façade they can reduce the resource burn of their product but the other possible motivation for Google is they get their revenue from add views counted by page views i.e. download. Google may well be increasing their revenue by preloading pages.

Now, do you think there a likelihood this will be improved? Well do ya?