What's new

Another SP2 Mystery Update

be77solo

Maybe try calling tech support?
Sure, if I want to waste 2 hours and get absolutely no answer other than it's a "System Hardware Update" for my device.

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, no plans to return :)

Honestly, I don't have a clue who at MS actually knows what these 200kb updates are... but I can assure you MS Support does not.

benjitek

Sure, if I want to waste 2 hours and get absolutely no answer other than it's a "System Hardware Update" for my device...
Maybe you just got someone who wasn't as knowledgeable as the others -- that can happen. You should try again and let us know if it helps -- good luck! :)

wardo5757

Netflix wouldn't work on my SP2 after the update. I went to the device manager and uninstalled the display driver. After the required restart the Intel control panel was gone and Netflix was working again. I then went to windows update and the 03/11 firmware update was waiting for me, I installed it. After the restart the Intel control panel was back and Netflix would not work again.
Any video problem not present prior to the March updates IS certainly due to the 3/11 firmware update, uninstall the display driver, restart and do not re-install that update,, Fixed.

be77solo

Well, haven't changed a thing but yet again got this same 3/11 211kb system hardware update out of the blue... this is days after all the April updates. MS Update is borked.

GoodBytes

Well, haven't changed a thing but yet again got this same 3/11 211kb system hardware update out of the blue... this is days after all the April updates. MS Update is borked.

That is fine. install it.It's not a firmware upgrade just drivers. Ignore the date. It won't show up after.