What's new

Anti-Virus Software: Which do you use?

Cyb3rDud3

I'm using ESET Smart Security, I like it that it still has a proper email scanner as that is where most of my 'nasty' stuff arrives.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Old post but you do know that Defender is the worst junk ever created, spreading viruses etc like nothing else [emoji3]

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Funny, because I've never had a single issue. About once a year I use a 3rd party application as a secondary scan, and you know what it finds? Absolutely nothing.

port513

Funny, because I've never had a single issue. About once a year I use a 3rd party application as a secondary scan, and you know what it finds? Absolutely nothing.
Fun or not fun, I have worked for nearly 22 years now with IT Security and I only talked by own experience.

One more fact Defender didn't even try to stop the latest versions of Wanacrypt and it's clones. Microsoft should stay away from AV products and let dedicated companies do that work.

But as I said that's only my experience during 20 years in IT business. If you trust Defender and feel secure than you should continue use Defender.

/Henke

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk