What's new

anti virus software?

mrasmussen

I'm sure the security companies would want you to think it is necessary. I don't believe there are any AV clients yet but I'm sure their coming.

TrentonT

Agree with Golou, and I will add Defender does quite well for a free program both on detection and resource usage.
Short but sweet DITO. Defender dose what it is designed for with very little overhead.
I use it on my desktops, laptop and now my Surface with no issues.

I use defender on all my pcs 2 desktops, 2 laptops and the Surface. I believe it is the same as Microsoft Security Essentials and have recommended and installed it on most of my client's pcs.

bosamar

It is virtually impossible for the RT tablet to get a virus because it does not allow non-apps (executable programs) to load into the RT operating system. The Pro version of course is just like any other x86/64 windows PC and will require protection.

Golou

It is virtually impossible for the RT tablet to get a virus because it does not allow non-apps (executable programs) to load into the RT operating system. The Pro version of course is just like any other x86/64 windows PC and will require protection.

True but like most said with out executable programs, you are fine really with just defender.

ArnoldC

Ditto. I don't think it is needed, until some Modern UI virus pops in. :D

Arctherus

This......