What's new

Any chance we might see a "mini" dock for Surface Book?

elee532

Any chance we might see a "mini" dock for Surface Book? I really just need a video out port (and maybe USB) that I could use with the Surface Book in clipboard mode.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
To date there have been very few accessories for any Surface made by 3rd parties and AFAIK none using the Surface Connector. I would not hold my breath waiting for it.

OP
E

elee532

Plug the new dock into the clipboard and there you go...solved

I already plan to buy the new dock for my desk so I can hook up to multiple monitors, Ethernet, DVD, etc. I need something way more portable for when I'm on the go in clipboard mode and I want to hookup to a projector. Also, spending $200 for a dock to have at the office and $200 for a second dock to carry on the go is more than I want to spend.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I already plan to buy the new dock for my desk so I can hook up to multiple monitors, Ethernet, DVD, etc. I need something way more portable for when I'm on the go in clipboard mode and I want to hookup to a projector. Also, spending $200 for a dock to have at the office and $200 for a second dock to carry on the go is more than I want to spend.
It all has to go through the Surface Connector, I spent Wednesday with the Surface Engineering team and I didn't hear mention of a mini dock or port replicator, that isn't the envisioned use case for Clipboard Mode.

OP
E

elee532

Thanks for sharing jnjroach! Seems like it would be pretty easy to create a VGA or HDMI adapter that goes through the Surface connector. Question is, as you say, whether there is demand for such an accessory.