What's new

Any Happy SP3 users?

Nursedad

Absolutely loving mine. At the office, it's portable and powerful. Note taking, research, presentations, etc...it has met my every need. At home, I have it hooked to an external monitor and am using the USB, full-size version of the apple keyboard and a Bluetooth comfort mouse. Can't wait for the docking station to come as this home setup will be much easier to work with.

It has handled everything I've thrown at it without a hiccup. I'm very pleased.

pbaird

I'm a fan - Coming from the original Surface 128, now the 3 with 256. I find that the extra screen size with the lighter weight and thinness is perfect for me, and I'm taking advantage of the tablet use more than I used to. I use OneNote and the pen daily for work, and don't even carry paper.

tuchas

For the most part, I'm pretty happy. I am still having some wifi issues even after rolling back the drivers, etc. but I've heard MS is aware of this and is working on a fix. I've had a couple of lockups but not much different than I would get on any PC.

ctitanic

For the most part, I'm pretty happy. I am still having some wifi issues even after rolling back the drivers, etc. but I've heard MS is aware of this and is working on a fix. I've had a couple of lockups but not much different than I would get on any PC.
It was found by a member of this forum that the Wifi issues can be fixed by uninstalling and deleting the driver and reinstalling it manually.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...issues-possible-fix-tested-last-48-hours.html

ctitanic

I already tried this - doesn't work for me.

There are two possibilities:
a) Something went wrong when you did it.
b) Something is wrong with your Wifi router. And that could be a whole world of things. From firmware to hardware.

I said this because reinstalling the driver seems to have fixed the issue for a lot of users. Of course there is some cases with some routers that no matter what you do it will not work. That happened to me one time with a Netgear AP. And I was forced to by a new AP. Keep in mind that 5G is faster but has less range and weaker signal. I have a dual band Asus and I'm mostly using the 2.4G band. Selecting the channel with less overlapping will help tremendously.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

dstrauss

...Something is wrong with your Wife router. And that could be a whole world of things. From firmware to hardware....

Oh man - I just COULDN'T pass up highlighting this one....:LOL:

On a serious note, as Jeff (jnjroach) said, the SPro 3 is the best yet, but not just best Surface Pro, but the best Tablet PC experience ever. I only go back to the HP convertibles, but this thing is everything Bill Gates envisioned back with original tablet version of XP.

ctitanic

Oh man - I just COULDN'T pass up highlighting this one....:LOL:

On a serious note, as Jeff (jnjroach) said, the SPro 3 is the best yet, but not just best Surface Pro, but the best Tablet PC experience ever. I only go back to the HP convertibles, but this thing is everything Bill Gates envisioned back with original tablet version of XP.

That's "Handwriting Recognition" that has something against my Wife. The same is happening between the Pen and my Penis, :smile:

Last edited: