What's new

Any Happy SP3 users?

ctitanic

I can answer this one, because unlike a laptop or desktop, with a TabletPC you are interacting with device very differently, using Touch, Pen, using it in Portrait mode laying it flat on the table like a pad of paper or when reading holding it like a book. And when there is a proper Active Digitizer and it just works you just instinctively want to annotate or write down thoughts and ideas.

The way that the Pen on the SP3 works with the top button is amazing, I find my self using all the time for screen scrapes while taking notes. So when you're on a legacy form factor or even a tablet without a proper pen you miss it and continually to interact with it the way you do a TabletPC.

I was willing to compromise much of this for the form factor of the Surface 2 but as you all know I was always hunting for the elusive pen that would replicate the TabletPC and I could never find it.

Exactly, it all about interaction. Like the example in OneNote that I used to answer his question. I don't feel the same watching printing letters in my display than when I see my handwriting. That's something that make my notes unique. Mine. No like any other note.

scfoster

I need a separate e-book reader-like device. I find that the iPad Air serves that role. It has excellent reading apps, can play the role of an independent terminal from which to access mails, surf the net, connect to files and documents from a cloud-based drive (OneDrive etc.) and do some online work (banking etc.). So, for me the ideal device combo would be the SP3 and the iPad Air.

For me it's the SP3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Note 3 is my "always on me" book reader, note taker, phone, web terminal.... etc.

Had three tables full of people watching the US vs Germany World Cup match on the Note 3. Pretty funny but there was no room inside the bar and we were able to sit outside and still watch the game.

kundas1

For me it's the SP3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Note 3 is my "always on me" book reader, note taker, phone, web terminal.... etc.

Had three tables full of people watching the US vs Germany World Cup match on the Note 3. Pretty funny but there was no room inside the bar and we were able to sit outside and still watch the game.

why didn't you activate the "hotspot" on the N3 and then watch it on the SP3? that would have been better kool factor

ctitanic

Can you convert text to ink on the OneNote app or is it just the OneNote Desktop version?

No. But... When you install the full version which is free, everything that you write in the OneNote MUI is sync with the full version. And there you can do the conversion.

mpf541

I have had one of each model except the RT one. This I have to say is the best. I am a mac user for every other pc I own but this for a touch device is great.

omega1234

I adore mine. My one complaint is the large black bars when watching videos due to the new aspect ratio. Everything else is fantastic and I couldn't be more satisfied, truly wonderful device.

malberttoo

Yes, but you need to reinstall or install the OneNote Version from OneNote.com

That's something that I learned recently here:

Surface Pro 3 Purple Button remap to OneNote 2013 (Desktop - Microsoft Community

Hey Frank, I also have the OneNote version that came in my Office 2013 Pro Plus suite. I've been using OneNote a long time, and also want to use Desktop instead, because it has much more functionality than Metro. So the only way to get the pen to open Desktop is to download a different version from Onenote.com? Is that version as good as the one that comes in the Pro Plus Office suite?

mcsenerd

As far as I can tell the version downloaded from OneNote.com is no less complete than the one that was originally included with my office 2013 install, but I haven't done any extensive comparison or anything.