What's new

any info on how to install intel video drivers? or do i need them?

ricard2798

I have read on several posts about people running some new intel drivers. I am running my surface fro 2 256 with stock drivers, except for anything that windows might install on this updates. Is there a procedure to install these drivers? are they better than stock? can you point me in the right direction to get them (if they improve performance)?

thanks in advance

Dayton

Extract the driver and then install through the Device Manager. I assume once you've done that you can install via the executable in the future.

mennogreg

It depends what deficiencies you're having with the stock Surface drivers. It may not fix what you're needing.

GoodBytes

Using the Intel official drivers, will reduce drastically the battery life of the Surface Pro 2, and get warmer. So its up to you.
What I am seeing, is that those who get the drivers, just get it for getting it, and don't care as they are always plugged in.

grumpy

I suggest trying the 3368 drivers from the MS download center. The most recent drivers that MS provides via update are rather old and were causing frequent display driver crashes (specifically during sleep-hibernation transitions). The 3368 drivers have been working well. Also, I installed them via the device manager.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40856

Last edited:

Dayton

I installed 3368 via the Device Manager as well, working fine so if you're having issues you may want to give them a try.

skblixt96

Every time I try to install the Intel drivers it errors saying something like "drivers not cleared for your computer, get them from manufacturer"

GoodBytes

Yea, it's tricky to get them installed.
You need to do it manually.

Download the zip version of the drivers, extract all files somewhere, like your desktop.
Open Device Manager, get to the Intel integrated graphics, right-click, select Uninstall, then check the box to delete the drivers.
Once done, restart your computer. (to finish the uninstall)
Once done again, restart your computer (for Windows to use the generic drivers)
Then finally, go to Device Manager, go to graphic card, and right-click on it, select Install, and finally select the extracted drivers.
Once done, restart your computer.

kevinlevrone

I have read on several posts about people running some new intel drivers. I am running my surface fro 2 256 with stock drivers, except for anything that windows might install on this updates. Is there a procedure to install these drivers? are they better than stock? can you point me in the right direction to get them (if they improve performance)?

thanks in advance

I have described the procedure here:

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...8260-new-intel-graphics-driver.html#post55503