What's new

Any Info RE: Surface System HARDWARE Update FEB 11-2014 (not firmware)

DNP

Just curious about the specifics of the FEB 11-2014 "system hardware" update? I received and installed the FEB 11th "firmware" update without issue, but the FEB 11th "HARDWARE" update didn't arrive until today (FEB 18-2014)? The link associated with this update only directs to the general MS info page...so no detailed information appears to be available? The Surface Pro 2 Update page does not list any "system hardware" updates for FEB 2014; or would this be located in another update list?

Here's a similar question from the MS Comm. Surface site.

What is this update, surface pro 2 - Microsoft Community

Thanks for any info.

oion

I was wondering about this too. My Surface 2 got a Feb 11 hardware update (installed today since I hadn't turned my Surface on in a couple weeks), but there's no other information, though the Surface 2 update history page indicates there was a bluetooth+wireless patch. Maybe the "hardware" part for the SPro2 was the display calibration. The hardware patch installation actually failed the first time for me but managed to install properly with a second reboot. Weird. I haven't seen anything good/bad in my Surface's performance yet after this patch, but I haven't put it through its paces either.

gwinegarden

Strange my update history says I have not had an update since 10 Feb. I checked for updates and all that shows up is the Defender daily.

OP
D

DNP

Strange my update history says I have not had an update since 10 Feb. I checked for updates and all that shows up is the Defender daily.

Not including the almost daily Defender definitions and the "FEB 11th System Hardware" update I have about 18 other updates from FEB 11th. (incl. Windows, MS NET, security updates).

As oion noted maybe the System Hardware update is related to the display calibration; however, with MS's recent issues with the updates you'd think they would be a little more comprehensive in providing specific information.

Thanks.

Rvacha

Just discovered what this is - it is the Intel graphics driver 3262, 7/31/13. To verify, uninstall & delete the Intel HD graphics driver, reboot, then run Update - you'll get this hardware package again

Krighton

Just discovered what this is - it is the Intel graphics driver 3262, 7/31/13. To verify, uninstall & delete the Intel HD graphics driver, reboot, then run Update - you'll get this hardware package again

That is correct. They will reset your HD4000 Graphics driver back to the old one, if you run this update. Just hide it.