What's new

Any news on 1tb Surface Book?

Cimmerian

Anybody order a 1tb model? If so have you received any sort of date yet? When I ordered mine it said it would ship in 7-8 weeks and its just a handful of days from being 8 weeks later. I thought for sure it would be like all the others models and ship out much sooner than it said, however it does not appear that way.

Last edited:

olimjj

Anybody order a 1tb model? If so have you received any sort of date yet? When I ordered mine it said it would ship in 6-7 weeks and its just a handful of days from being 7 weeks later. I thought for sure it would be like all the others models and ship out much sooner than it said, however it does not appear that way.
As you are most likely aware of:
The shipping date of Jan 22 is confirmed if you go here:
Buy Surface Book - Microsoft Store
and select the 1TB model

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

Sorry for never replying life just got kind of busy, the reason I originally asked the question was because when I purchased mine it didn't say January it said 7-8 weeks.

I assumed that when the date changed to January it was because they had sold the first batch of them or something, however it appears that they changed the date to January 22 even for the people that ordered it first when it had said 7-8 weeks.

Here I am 12 weeks later still no Surface Book :( Never waited for a pre-order this long, haha may as well wait for the Surface Book 2 at this rate ;)

Here's a photo:
image.jpg

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

Don't worry guys, its gotten better.

October 17, 2015 - Your Surface Book will ship in 7-8 weeks.
8 weeks later - 7-8 weeks? I meant 15.
7 weeks later - Ohhh did I say 15 weeks? Well darn what I meant to say was 17, give it another 2.

Now being informed that my SB won't ship January 22nd but February 5th, this is getting ridiculous.

DavidHaynes

Got my Surface Book - 1TB/16GB today. Applying updates, etc. All looks good on this side. Have to have IT get it onto the domain before I can really get cooking.
Fingers crossed.

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

Awesome to hear you got yours!

After a lengthy call with them on Friday they told me my order had somehow fallen into some sort of limbo but shortly after talking with them they were able to get it processed. But with just my luck it has been delayed several times in shipping, it is as of now scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I mean assuming the truck its on doesn't randomly combust on its way here.

A little salty about the whole process but I understand that there can be issues like this when launching new products. Ultimately just excited to finally receive my Surface Book. If you come across anything interesting or different about the 1tb model let us know!

gubsnake

Finally, finally, finally received my Surface Book ordered on 10/17. Many thanks to those of you working through all of the early issues. I only hope this thing is half as reliable as my SP3.

1TB drive is: NVMe Samsung MZFLW1T0. Speed test attached.

1tb.jpg

Serl

I think you also need to update your SSD driver (or something like that) to increase the 4k random write speed. Though I don't have the link nor the exactly what you need. All I know is that it's on the Samsung website.